Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group judged ‘Outstanding’
18th, November, 2019
Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) has become the first further education provider in England to achieve the top grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF):
- Overall effectiveness - Outstanding
- The quality of education - Outstanding
- Behaviour and attitudes - Outstanding
- Personal development - Outstanding
- Leadership and management - Outstanding
- Education programmes for young people - Outstanding
- Adult learning programmes - Outstanding
- Apprenticeships - Outstanding
- Provision for learners with high needs - Outstanding
In the first full Ofsted inspection since NSCG formed in 2016, inspectors also commend the way in which leaders and managers of the former Newcastle-under-Lyme College had very effectively brought about the merger with Stafford College, which had, prior to merger been rated ‘Inadequate’.
Karen Dobson OBE, Principal & Chief Executive of NSCG, said: ““Being the first further education college nationally to achieve ‘Outstanding’ in all areas of Ofsted’s new framework is absolutely brilliant, we hope everyone connected with the College will join us in celebrating this success. However, we can never stand still and at NSCG we are always looking to do better and to be better. We have an exciting future ahead and will remain committed to excellence”.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, visit: https://files.api.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50124947